10 signs, you should invest in your Lifestyle
Its 10 PM. You are just done with your dinner and about to tuck yourself in the bed with your laptop and headphones on, at that very moment you get a call from your office to urgently complete the work which wasn’t due till next week, but now the deadline have been changed and you have no other option but to work on it. You cannot say no because appraisals are around the corner and you have been working very hard to impress your management and your bosses.If you are or were in above situation at any point in your life then it is time you should invest in your lifestyle.
Investing in your Lifestyle isn’t only about retiring from your job and buying your dream house or spending all your evenings sitting in your home listening to music or reading. Not anymore.
In 2018, “busy” lives means that having any kind of fun or do relaxing thing feels like something that you could enjoy only after retirement. You work and wait for retirement to have fun.
If you are feeling stress of modern life, it might be time to invest in your lifestyle.
We have become so accustomed to this fast paced lifestyle that we don’t see anything bad in it. We just keep going.
If you have been feeling similar things lately then it is time to stop, take check, and invest in your lifestyle. All it takes is just little investment of time in your life, and it is cheaper than buying your dream house 😉
10 Signs that it might be time to look after yourself and invest in your lifestyle:
- You leave for work before 9 am; and there no fixed time of returning
- You spend your free time (weekends) completing the pending domestic task of the whole week
- You children (if you have any) spend more time on mobile/tablets screen than with you.
- You have been stalking your friends on Facebook only because you haven’t seen them in long time.
- Your last holiday was a public holiday.
- You feel stressed about work even if you are not at work
- You regularly arrive home in the dark;
- You don’t remember the last time you did any work out
- You even spend most of your Sundays in office
- You feel it has been a while that you have done something exciting
So what you can do?
The solutions are not so hard to be executed; all you need is to invest time in yourself.
Try to follow few of these tips mentioned below:
- Reconsider the time you give to your employer, talk to him about volume of work you are doing and create balance between work and personal life
- Plan your Sundays to do something exciting like going for family picnic or take weekend getaways with your friends
- If you have children make sure your interaction with them is not limited good morning and good night. Spend more time them, play with them or better take them out for a picnic.
- Make more plans with your friends, call them or text them. Talk to them over a drink. Exchange the thoughts. You never know who might turn out to be helpful.
- Make sure you take a casual leave once in a while, sit back, relax, go for a massage or spa and keep yourself calm.
- If you haven’t taken holiday in last six months, plan one now and apply for the leave – TODAY!
- Try to sneak out at least 30 minutes for the workout or at least do some stretching. It helps you look younger. Truestory!
- Keep, ‘strictly no work after office’ policy. Thank me later.
So you see it doesn’t take much to invest in your lifestyle. All it takes is a little excitement, time and your willingness to do it. Go ahead give it a try and let us know the results in comments.